I love deep fried chicken, whether it’s the thigh, breast, or wing, and by following this recipe, you’ll know why! You don’t have to spend an extra dime buying some over-seasoned breading mixture, and the preparation is so easy you’ll be smacking your lips in no time!
DEEP FRIED CHICKEN WINGS (OR ANYTHING CHICKEN…)
1-2 pkg. saltine crackers (there are usually four in a box), crushed into breadcrumb texture
1 T. salt
1 T. pepper
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
2 T. paprika
1 T. Italian seasoning
2 eggs (amount depends on how many lbs. of chicken you are using)
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Wash the chicken wings and pluck off any feathers that may still be intact. Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
3. Beat the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. For even more flavor, you can choose to also spice up your chicken wings. Use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning. I do this to the actual chicken and not only the coating so that the chicken has its own flavor. However, do not overdo it. You want to enhance the chicken flavor, not mask it.
4. Dip the wings into the eggs, then dip into the coating mixture. Deep fry for five to six minutes, depending on the size of the wings.
5. Drain over paper towels.
- Restaurant-Style Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe – Allrecipes.com
- The Asian Diet
- 10 Crispy, Crunchy Deep-Fried Chicken Wings for National Chicken …